** This recipe courtesy of the Rabena Fam!**
This time last year I was introduced to what can only be described as the most addictive food in the planet. My old colleague brougth some of this into the office for the Holiday Bake Off and it was to die for. If there was any nutritional value to this creation, I would throw all other food groups out the window and live off of this. However, **sigh** there is about as much nutrients in this treat as there is in my childhood Easy Bake Oven Plastic Cupcake. Nonetheless, nutrition did not stop me from making those cupcakes and it sure did not stop me from making this recipe this weekend… twice.
You see, the first time I made it on Friday night (yes, I am that cool, judge me for baking on a Friday night, I don’t care, I was sick), I was sure that it would be plenty for myself, BF, Roommate and Roomates BF for the whole weekend and that I would also have enough to bring to the office on Monday. I texted my colleague a picture of it after it was made on Friday night and got this response…
” Yummy! Please bring some in Monday or I am coming to your apt to get some!”
As much as I love company, I knew that bringing some to the office was essential. So, imagine my surprise Sunday afterno0n when I open the tin and there are only 2 pieces left (and yes, most of it was consumed by me). O well, NBD… I just whipped up another batch of this 4 ingredient, easy-as-can-be recipe and was good to go!
Okay, okay, I will stop teasing you and finally let you in on the secret of what this recipe is (but be warned, once you start eating this, there is no turning back)- Chocolate Holiday Bark
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Bag Semi-Sweetened Chocolate Chips
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
2) Line a baking sheet with un-pam-ed tin foil and then spread about 35 Saltines over the tinfoil (make sure a little bit of the tinfoil hangs over the edge in order to allow step #9 to be a smidge easier)
4) Evenly spread over the Saltines on the baking sheet
5) Put in the oven for 3-5 mins (until brown sugar mixture begins to bubble)
6) Remove from oven and dump the entire bag of chocolate chips evenly over the hot Saltine brown sugar creation.
7) With a spatula, spread the chocolate out evenly
8) Put entire baking sheet into the refridgerator to cool for at least 2 hours (the longer the better- overnight is perfect)
9) Once cool, break into small pieces and enjoy!
Star Fabulous Rating: a solid and DANGEROUS 10/10- for sure!