Welp, I am officially the worst blogger in the world and to be honest, I am okay with it. I have had a TON going on recently and I have just been busy as a bee. Don’t you worry though, I have kept up my baking and I do have one scrumptious recipe that I feel is absolutely necessary to share- ask my friend Courtney, my roomie, and my entire extended family. Yup, that is right, this was so good I didn’t make it once, not twice, but THREE times. I stole this recipe from the lovely How Sweet It Is and I give her full credit for this, I am not this creative but I am varsity at following directions, hence my ability to make this sucessfully three times, in less than a week… in less than 5 days actually. Yup, no shame.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (courtesy of this lovely lady)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup chocolate chips
1 unbaked pie shell (I used Pillsbury and there is a coupon for it here!)
Steps: (one of the most appealing thing about this pie, it is easy as pie to make it!)
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
2)Beat eggs until foamy with an electric mixer
3) Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar (slowly or its going to look like its snowing in your kitchen) until well blended.
4) Add in vanilla extract, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix with the electric mixer.
5) Melt butter in the microwave and let cool
6) Blend in melted butter with mixer
7) In a small separate bowl, toss chocolate chips with a sprinkling of flour and then add to the pumpkin batter mixer
8) Pour into an unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
9) Bake for 65 minutes (until dough is done- Original recipe said 55 but it was a little undercooked for me- just leave it in until the cooked however well you want it however make sure to cook it enough so that the center isnt jiggly anymore)
Star Fabulous Rating: 10/10