Hi Guys! I have been meaning to share this recipe with you for days and keep forgetting! My friend Danny send me a link to this awesome recipe for Vegan Homemade Cinnamon Rolls and seeing as I am not Vegan, and I did not want to go buy Vegan ingredients just for this recipe, I took the inspiration from the recipe and some made simple changes. My new roommate also brought with her a rolling pin! It was like the stars aligned and I just HAD to make these breakfast treats! These came out like heaven and I strongly suggest that you walk your little patootie into your kitchen first thing Sunday morning and whip up a batch for Family Breakfast
Adapted from this recipe on Vital Juice:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
4 Tablespoons Smart Balance Light Butter
3/4 Cup Skim Milk
2 Teaspoons Melted Smart Balance Light Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1) Preheat oven at 450 degrees F
2) Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
3) Add in 4 Tablespoons of Smart Balance Light Butter and mix with fingers.
4) Add milk and mix with spoon
5) Roll into a ball with your hands and then set it on a floured surface.
6) Roll out into a long rectangular shape with a rolling pin.
7) Brush the top with melted Smart Balance Light Butter and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon.
8) Roll dough into a log and cut into 1″ pieces.
9) Place on a pam-ed cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes, until golden brown.
10) While these are baking make the below Icing.
Combine powdered sugar and skin milk in a bowl and stir until combined.
11) lightly drizzle icing over warm Cinnamon Buns
Star Fabulous Rating: 7/10
They are very delicious and hit the spot, but lets not pretend these are the full fat, huge puffy bajillion calorie Cinnamon buns that we know and love. Just saying.